Tuesday, June 16, 2009

First wedding of the summer

Not so long ago, Kasia and Alex were at our wedding... now we're getting ready to go to theirs!!



This weekend, we'll head out to Des Moines, Iowa, for the big event. Adam is an usher, so we'll be attending the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, as well. He's taken Friday afternoon off of work, so we can leave early and be there with plenty of time to spare. We're both looking forward to it, and I am excited to see some of the Polish traditions that Kasia's family will be incorporating into the celebration. I'm sure it will be a blast!

Last weekend, I went up to Arlington Heights, Ill., for a tea party-themed bridal shower for Becky. Everyone was asked to wear tea-appropriate hats, which was hilarious. All the decorations were so cute, and the food was delicious! While I was doing that, Adam went to Ann Arbor, Mich., for the weekend, to keep Sam company. Although they couldn't get the Wii to work, it sounded like they had a good time anyhow ;)

I've had a couple of calls back about jobs this week, and have also gotten more involved in my volunteer work, so that has definitely been a positive. I just keep hoping for that perfect opportunity to come my way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment