Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Laundry Room Redo

I was inspired by YHL's Pinterest Challenge to finally write up a project that we finished a few weeks ago. This was my inspiration for our laundry area:




Ha ha... it looks nothing like this. But, it was inspiring! I love the apron sink and the granite counter tops. Unfortunately, our laundry isn't even in a room. It's just a little closet off of our kitchen (with no space for a sink or counter top). We hadn't made any updates to it since we moved in, when it had a couple of particle-board shelves and a poor paint job. This isn't quite a before photo, but almost (we'd already taken the shelves out... they were disgusting!):




















We had already decided that we wanted to hang some cabinets instead of shelves, but had a very limited budget. Enter the Habitat for Humanity ReStore! We picked up these three doorless cabinets for $10 total:
















We painted the walls and the cabinets white, which really cleaned up the space. Unsurprisingly, the cats loved the open shelving.
















To finish it off, I added pull-out baskets to the top cabinets and sewed a little skirt for the bottom cabinet. We keep our detergent, bleach, and softener in there, so it's nicely hidden out of sight. The top baskets hold additional laundry stuff, plus painting supplies. We love extra storage space!

2 comments:

  1. Oh your cats are so cute!!

    Your laundry looks great too :). I did some work on my laundry for my Pinterest Challenge as well. I think a nice laundry makes doing chores much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm off to check out yours...

    ReplyDelete